Jim's Place Gazpacho 2000
- Tomato Gazpacho Spanish Style
- William Bohannon
- 8 quarts (7575 ml) V8 Picante or plain with picante sauce added
- 8 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 12 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 roasted red bell peppers, skinned, seeded and diced
- 4 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) minced garlic
- 1 cup (225 ml) red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cilantro oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated purple/red onion
- Kosher salt to taste
- garlic-cayenne-parmesan croutons and/or sour cream garnish
- Mix all ingredients except garnish.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve in cold bowls with desired garnish.
- The croutons are a must have for authenticity.
- To roast bell peppers..place over open flame until black on all sides then wrap with plastic for 5 min and scrape black peel off with knife.