Chicken Wings in Honey and Oyster Sauce
- 14 or 15 chicken wings, tips removed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- freshly crushed black pepper (to taste)
- salt, if required
- cornstarch, as needed
- cooked rice
- steamed vegetables
- Wash and dry the wings with kitchen tissue.
- Make a marinade with the oyster sauce , honey and pepper.
- Marinade the wings in this for about 1 hour.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the wings and serve surrounded with boiled rice and steamed vegetables of your choice.
- You can thicken the sauce at the bottom of the pan with a paste of cornstarch and water (boil a bit) and pour over wings before serving.
- You can use chicken thighs or drumsticks instead of the wings.
Once you have made the marinade you can adjust the amount of honey or oyster sauce to your liking.