- Rev. Frank Purvis of Hassel, North Carolina
Serves/Makes:1 quart plus
- 1 quart (950 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). melted butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) onion, minced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). soy sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml). freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients, cook and stir over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use as a basting sauce for grilling meats.
- Also as a dipping sauce when serving the meats.