- Yellow Squash & Ginger Jam
Serves/Makes:5 (8 oz) glasses
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg) very young yellow squash
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- juice and grated rind of 3 large lemons
- 4 tsp (20 ml) powdered ginger
- Grind squash, using the coarsest blade of a meat grinder.
- Mix with the sugar and leave overnight.
- Transfer squash and all juice to a pot.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over low heat, about 1 hour, or until a thermometer registers 220 degrees (100 C.).
- Pour into hot sterilized glasses.
- Cover with a thin layer of parafin.
- When parafin has hardened cover again with a layer of parafin.
- Cover and store.
- Had a time finding this.
Hope it is what your looking for.