- Chuck's Collection
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
- 3 cloves peeled garlic or to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). or larger pork tenderloin
- olive oil
- Chop the herbs, add garlic salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to make into a paste.
- Spread the pork generously with the herb mixture and sprinkle with ground pepper.
- Place in a small pot and barely cover with water.
- Add 2 tsp (10 ml) salt to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Skim any scum that comes to the surface.
- Lower heat and cook until the water is gone.
- Pour in olive oil to cover bottom of pan and cook roast until it developes a crust all over.
- Remove from pan and allow to set 20 minutes before slicing.
- A porchetta is a whole pig, approximately 45 pounds or a little less.
This recipe is for part of a pig.