- Make - a- Mix Cookery
Serves/Makes:Makes 1 quart
- 2 cups (475 ml) instant nonfat dry milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) (2 cubes) butter or margarine, chilled
- To make mix:
- Place in food processor milk, flour, and salt.
- Cut up butter into cubes.
- Place in food processor.
- Give it a few pulses until blended.
- Lightly pack in large airtight container.
- Store in refrigerator.
- To make sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup (125 ml) sauce mix with 1 cup (225 ml) cool water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Season with pepper, herbs and spices
Makes 1-1/2 cups
Add 1/2 to 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, after mixture thickens.
Stir until cheese is melted
Curry Sauce: Add one tsp. curry powder to thickened mixture.