- 3-1/2 lbs (1.6 kg). arm roast (more or less)
- 1 can mushroom pieces
- 1 small can tomato juice
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut small block type cuts in both sides of the roast.
- Pour flour over the roast and work it into the cuts.
- Brown the roast in a skillet with a little oil.
- Remove roast from skillet and place in a roaster.
- Pour over the oil/flour from the skillet over the roast.
- Spread the mushroom pieces over the roast, along with the onion soup mix.
- Pour the tomato juice over the whole thing.
- Cover and bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).