Chunky Homemade Peanut Butter
- Reader's Digest Cookbook/J.Smith
Serves/Makes:1 1/4 cups
- 2 cups (475 ml) unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). grated orange rind (optional)
- In a food processor, process the 2 cups (475 ml) peanuts and the salt for 5 minutes or until smooth and spreadable.
- Stop occasionally to scrape side of bowl so mixture is evenly blended.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped peanuts and orange rind (if using).
- Transfer to covered container; refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator (will keep for 1 month)
- I have never made this. If you do, let us know how it turns