- Fruit Dessert
- 3 cups (700 ml) fresh blueberries
- 3 cups (700 ml) fresh blackberries
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 8 tbsp (125 ml) granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) plus 4 tbsp (60 ml) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Combine blueberries, blackberries, lemon juice, 6 tbsp (90 ml) granulated sugar and 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour in a large bowl; transfer to 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Combine remaining flour and granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until top is brown and fruit is bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.