Chicken and Brown Rice Bake
- Chicken and rice baked in a creamy sauce with a hint of soy sauce and almonds
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cooked brown rice
- 1 10-oz. package frozen peas
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced cooked chicken breast meat, skinless/boneless
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) slivered almonds
- 2 tsp (10 ml). light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). dried parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). crushed dried tarragon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine cooked rice, peas, chicken, mayonnaise, almonds, soy sauce, garlic powder, dried parsley, sugar and tarragon in a bowl.
- Transfer to an oiled baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until completely cooked and heated through.
- Serve warm.
- Excellent dish and easy to make with on-hand ingredients.