Mom's Noodle and Cheese Kugel
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 4 cups (950 ml) crushed Frosted Flakes
- 1 lb (.5 kg). cottage cheese (small curd)
- 2 tsp (10 ml). cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sour cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 7 tbsp (100 ml) of sugar (heaping)
- 3/4 Lb (.3 kg). of broad or wide egg noodles
- brown sugar for top
- Cook and drain noodles according to package directions.
- Generously grease 13 x 9 inch baking pan with margarine or butter.
- Cover bottom of pan with a little more than half the crushed Frosted Flakes
- In large bowl mix (by hand) all the rest of the ingredients, adding noodles last.
- Pour in baking pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Frosted Flakes on top.
- Add brown sugar to top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 1/4 Hours or until light brown crust forms on top.
- My mom got to this recipe by taking 2 different recipes and combining them together and got a delicious kugel!!! Goes great with pork chops!! Or just a dessert.