Cream Cheesey Jalapeno Poppers
- Batter fried jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese. Serve with Ranch dressing for a taste explosion!
- 5 large and fresh jalapenos, cleaned, halved and seeds removed
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). cream cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) self rising flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- dash of paprika, onion powder and black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crushed corn flakes
- ranch dressing
- Fill saucepan half full with water and bring to boil.
- Boil jalapeno slices for 10 to 15 minutes and dry.
- Fill with cream cheese.
- Combine eggs with a pinch of salt and 1 tsp (5 ml) oil; reserve.
- In another shallow bowl, mix flour and the seasonings listed; reserve.
- Put the crushed corn flakes in seperate shallow bowl.
- Start the battering process by dipping each cream cheese filled jalapeno half first in the egg, then the flour then the corn flakes, to get a good heavy coating all over.
- When done, freeze the jalapenos for two hours.
- Deep fry in 350 degree (175 C.) oil until golden brown and crunchy and the cheese is melted.
- serve hot with salsa and Ranch dressing.
- Double the recipe to make more - will be necessary since they'll be gone in a flash!!!