- Creamy pecan candy dipped in chocolate.
- Alice Pearl
Serves/Makes:24 pieces or more
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg).butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark brown sugar plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) full
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark karo syrup
- 2 half pints cream
- 2 cups (475 ml) canned evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 4 cups (950 ml) chopped pecans (not to small)
- 1 package dipping chocolate melts
- Bring the first 7 ingredients to a hard boil.
- Boil for 40 minutes or until hard ball stage.
- Pour in the vanilla and the pecans.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a square pan and let stand for 24 hours.
- Cut into bite size squares.
- Dip into melted chocolate melts.
- We fix this candy at Christmas time. Everyone loves them. We can't ever make enough.