- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Half & Half or evaporated milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (225 ml) cherry chips
- 1 cup (225 ml) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peanut butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) salted spanish peanuts
- Line a 8 or 9-inch square pan with wax paper; set aside.
- Combine first four ingredients in a 1-1/2 or 2-quart saucepan.
- Boil mixture over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in marshmallows and cherry chips.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- *In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir occasionally.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread over cherry layer.
- Cut into squares.
- *Chocolate chips and peanut butter may be microwave in a oven-proof bowl at 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring after 1 minute or until melted.
**Bars would set faster if placed in refrigerator.