Serves/Makes:6 or more
- penne pasta (1/2 box)
- macaroni pasta (1/2 box)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). mayonnaise
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). bottle hidden valley ranch dressing
- garlic salt
- diced ham
- green peppers (chopped)
- red peppers (chopped)
- 1 small can black olives (chopped)
- Salt water and boil pasta as directed.
- While pasta is cooking chop various vegetables (you can add whatever you like ie: broccoli florets, califlower, peas,whatever).
- Mix mayo, salad dressing, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- When pasta is done and has cooled slightly toss with the salad dressing mix, ham, and veggies.
- This dish can be served at either room temperature or chilled.
- I like this better the second day when the flavors have had a chance to meld together. It can be a healthy snack after school or for a light lunch with veggies of your liking. You can make this low fat by changing the fat content of the dressing and mayo. I also like to leave out the mayo and ranch and toss with zesty Italian dressing.
You can also add turkey or whatever meats you like for a balanced meal. Experiment to your liking!!!