Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 cups (475 ml) vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). unsalted butter
- 14 oz (392 grm). individually wrapped caramels
- 1 5 oz (140 grm). can evaporated milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Melt the butter or margarine, and combine with the cookie crumbs.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Melt the caramels with the evaporated milk in a 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Heat and stir frequently until smooth.
- Pour caramel sauce into crust, and top with pecans.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla; beat well until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Melt the chocolate, and blend into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour chocolate batter over pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes.
- Loosen cake from the edges of pan, but do not remove rim until cooled.
- Chill completely.
- I just got this off the internet. Have not tried it but it sounds yummy.
Got it at TheChef@wwrecipes.com