- William Bohannon
- 1 lb (.5 kg). cubed alligator tail meat cleaned skin removed
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) blackened seasoning or essence
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk or beer
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- oil for frying
- Mix egg, milk, and seasoning.
- Coat cubed meat in flour then dip in egg mixture then back into flour.
- Fry the cubed meat in oil till golden turning evenly.
- Drain and place on paper towells till serving.
- Serve with Remoulade sauce or a spicy thousand island dressing.
- Alligator meat tastes like a cross between catfish and oysters.
It can be oversalty so be very careful with the seasoning.
Best served as an appetizer or put into a stew with something else.