Stuffed Hungarian Hot Peppers
Serves/Makes:6 or more peppers
- 6 or more Hungarian hot peppers
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 tbsp (10 ml) garlic salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 2 tsp (10 ml). Italian seasoning or 1 tsp (5 ml) each oregano and basil (more or less according to taste)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flavored bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 3 or more chopped anchovies
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cooked Italian sausage, crumbled.
- Remove tops from peppers, core and seed.
- Mix all other ingredients together.
- Stuff hot peppers with cream cheese mixture.
- Make about a 1 - 1 1/2 inch slit in peppers (helps to keep the stuffing popping out during baking).
- Lay on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20-25 min.
- This is a variation on the Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers, that I like even better.