- Blond fudge with red cherry bits.
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped candied cherries
- Butter sides of heavy 2 quarts (1900 ml) saucepan.
- Combine sugar, milk and salt.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook to soft-ball stage at 238 degrees (125 C.), stirring only if necessary.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Add butter and cool to lukewarm at 110 degrees (45 C.) without stirring.
- Add vanilla and beat vigorously until mixture begins to hold its shape.
- Add marshmallow creme and beat until fudge becomes very thick and starts to lose its gloss.
- Quickly stir in cherries and spread in a buttered shallow pan.
- Score into squares while warm; cut when firm.