- A mishmash of things in the fridge on Sunday!
Serves/Makes:3 or more
- 16 oz (448 grm). pasta (rotini, penne, farfalle is best)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 8 oz (224 grm). frozen chopped spinach, drained well
- 2 or more nice tomatos, chopped and seeded
- 2 or more slices ham, thinly sliced into 1/4 inche wide strips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shedded Asiago cheese (or parmesan if you can't find Asiago)
- Cook pasta with a little salt; drain and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter and olive oil together in a saucepan.
- Add spinach and tomatos and cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Add ham and saute another minute or so.
- Add about 3/4 of the cheese to your mixture in the saucepan.
- Heat another minute or so.
- Put half the pasta into an oven-safe baking dish.
- Spoon about half the sauce on top.
- Repeat with the rest of the pasta and sauce.
- Spinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 30 minutes.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top and serve.
- The beautiful thing about this dish is you can use almost any combo of ingredients in your fridge (substitue asparagus, green beans etc for the spinach). You can also do it meat-free if you are a vegetarian. The not-so-great thing is that you make a lot of dirty dishes for preparation.