Preserving Cherry Red Peppers
- Carol Welte
- sterilized jars with lids & screwbands
- vinegar (cider or distilled)
- Pack peppers tightly in sterilized jars.
- Pour vinegar over peppers leaving 1/2" headspace.
- Pour boiling water over lids & screwbands; let sit 3 - 5 min.
- Place lids and screwbands on jars & seal.
- Place jars in pantry and let sit 60 - 90 days before using.
- No need to process in a waterbath. The vinegar acts as a preservative and
has enough acid to keep any bacteria from forming. You only need to re-
frigerate once a jar is opened.