- A sweet light dessert
- Leisha B
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cold water
- 1 cup (225 ml) castor sugar (superfine sugar)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence
- 3 tsp (15 ml) cornflour (cornstarch)
- whipping cream
- fruit of the season
- Turn oven on to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add cold water and beat again.
- Add castor sugar very gradually while still beating.
- Slow beater and add vinegar, vanilla and cornflour.
- Place on greased paper on greased tray and bake for 45 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the oven.
- When cool decorate with whipped cream and fruit of the season.
- This is named after a famous ballerina cause it's light just she was!