- Diane S.
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can pumpkin puree
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml). nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (700 ml) grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease a 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking pan or dish.
- In large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, ricotta cheese, 1 cup (225 ml) parmesan cheese, eggs, nutmeg, ginger, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles and drain well.
- Arrange 2 layers of cooked noodles in bottom of prepared pan.
- Spread half of the pumpkin filling over noodles.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup (225 ml) of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat once more; then top with remaining noodles.
- Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese and 1 cup (225 ml) mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through.