- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- raisins (optional) 2 cups
- Mix dry ingredients together, then add the milk till doughy, and then add more flour until the dough becomes not sticky.
- The roll out the dough to about 2 inches thick.
- Use a fork to poke holes on both sides of the dough.
- Put on greased cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Bake till light brown, approximately 45 minutes.
- Check it every ten minutes.
- Take out the Bannock and cool it for about 20 minutes.
- Or you can cut it in little slices, then fry it in butter.
- Native Bannock. A traditional Scottish cake popular for breakfast or high tea.