- William Bohannon
- 4 artichokes
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced cooked chicken
- 4 jalapeno pickled peppers
- 4 lemons sliced
- water for boiling
- Miracle Whip or salad dressing
- Cut top 1/3 off each artichoke.
- Place in boiling salted water with sliced lemon for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Mix chicken and jalapeno with some salad dressing to make a salad.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the center softest leaves and any purple thistle.
- Stuff with chicken salad.
- Cut off stem and place stuffed artichoke in serving bowl.
- Serve very warm with more salad dressing on the side for dipping leaves.
- This is an authentic recipe from San Jose California.
They really love artichokes there and will eat almost the entire thing including the center of the stem!
I don't know why they prefer Miracle Whip to melted butter but it is good so try it.