- Recipe for left over roast (pork, beef, chicken) or taco seasoned meat.
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 can red or green enchilada sauce, divided in half for two servings
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated colby cheese (or chedder and jack)
- 1 cup (225 ml) refried beans
- leftover cooked meat (chicken,beef, pork, taco-seasoned meat, etc.)
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- black olives (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa for topping, if desired
- Place 2 tbsp (30 ml) of sauce on a microwave safe dish.
- Spread 1/2 cup (125 ml) of refried beans on 1 tortilla then place on plate with sauce then top with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of sauce.
- Add another tortilla and top it with shredded left over meat then cover with some sauce.
- Add last tortilla pour sauce over it.
- Top with 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated cheese.
- Cover and place in microwave on high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Top with shredded lettuce and chopped tomotoes, olives and sour cream.
- Eat and enjoy.
- This makes 2 serving each 3 tortillas each.
I like this recipe because it is quick and easy and uses up left over roast or taco meat. I like the pork in the green chile enchilada sauce and the beef in the red. You can mix the meat in the sauce if you like--I do it both ways. Many times I make my own green enchilada sauce.