- 1 large can crushed tomatoes in puree sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 jalapeno peppers, stemed and seeded
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cilantro, dry (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin
- garlic salt to enhance garlic flavor (optional)
- Boil peppers in water for 5 minutes.
- Drain water from peppers, put in food processer and chop.
- Add crushed tomatoes, garlic, salt, cilantro, cumin and mix all together.
- Best if made ahead of time for flavor to blend.
You may also adjust amount of peppers for how hot you want it more or less.
My son got this recipe from a Mexican in Las Cruces, N.M. It has become a favorite of my family and many of our friends. Dad just loves it so whenever I make a new batch I make a recipe and half and give him the quart.