- Very Hearty
- Mrs. Ray
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) onion, chopped
- 5 cans pork and beans
- 8 or more potatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil
- Brown ground beef and onion in heavy pot(cast iron if you have it).
- Fry potatoes in skillet with vegetable oil until golden brown and tender.
- Combine potatoes and pork and beans with meat; mix well.
- Serve with rolls or corn bread.
- Post WW11 dinner will satisfy any hearty appetite.
This recipe is easaly motified to fit the needs of your family.
Great on cold days, easy to prepare.
Great Grama's recipe.