- Chucks Collection
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) raw popcorn
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- salt, if desired
- Place popcorn and oil in a large pot that has a tight fitting lid.
- Popcorn should barely cover the bottom surface.
- Heat over medium heat until the first kernels start to pop.
- Quickly stir in the sugar until it is dissolved.
- Cover and continuously shake, while holding the top.
- Be careful, this will burn much quicker than regular popcorn.
- When you think it is all popped, remove from the heat.
- Pour into a bowl, shaking to settle the unpopped corn.
- Salt lightly, if desired and break into pieces.
- NOTE: Sugar can be colored with red food coloring by adding 1/4 tsp (1 ml).
- food coloring to 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar, pouring in a sealed bottle, shaking and then let stand 12 hours, shaking again and let stand another 12 hours.
- Or you can buy colored sugar at the grocery store.
- Enjoy!! It is good. Been a long time since I've had any.