Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 pkg. cornbread mix. Prepared as directed..Crumbled..
- 2 cups (475 ml) grated Cheddar, or cheese of choice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium Bell pepper, chopped
- large tomatoes, chopped..use ripe ones and also use juice.
- bacon bits
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sour cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml). sugar
- Combine the chopped vegetables and black pepper, cover & let sit in refrigerator several hours or even better overnight..More juice this way.
- Mix well ingredients for dressing
- In large deep-dish sald bowl or trifle bowl layer 1/2 of the crumbled bread and then 1/2 veggie mix.
- Seal with dressing.
- Start over, ending with dressing, sealing all edges.
- Top with cheese.
- Just before eating sprinkle with bacon bits..
- My very own, and oh so good.