Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). package Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- Melt chocolate chips over hot (not boiling) water; remove from heat.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add water; beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine egg whites and salt; beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in the brown sugar and continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form
- Gently fold in chocolate mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator several hours or until ready to serve.
- Note: Because it contains raw eggs, be sure to keep mousse refrigerated.
This recipe is from the Toll House Heritage Cookbook, Rutledge Books, Inc., 1980.