Serves/Makes:8 or more|
- 1 lb (.5 kg). vanilla wafers, crumbled
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). candied cherries
- 1 lb (.5 kg). white raisins
- 1 lb (.5 kg). candied pineapple
- 1 lb (.5 kg). pecans
- Mix vanilla wafers and milk; batter will be very thick.
- Add fruits and nuts.
- Knead until well blended.
- Pack firmly into a deep wax paper lined dish.
- Refrigerate 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- This recipe comes from Mrs. T. M. Jablonski and was printed in Recipes on Parade Desserts, recipes of military officers wives published by Favorite Recipes Press in 1965.