- Hillshire Farm
- 1 7 oz (196 grm). package elbow macaroni
- 1 lb (.5 kg). package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, sliced and quartered
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded carrot
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chicken broth or beef broth, prepared
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) celery salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper, coarse ground
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground nutmeg
- 2 or more drops hot sauce
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In large kettle, cook sausage, cabbage, carrot, and green onion just until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni and heat through.
- This recipe comes from the website www.hillshirefarm.com. There are many more recipes and it is a user-friendly site.