Roasted Red Pepper Squash Soup
Serves/Makes:6 or more|
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). yellow squash, cooked and pureed (hubbard, butternut, acorn, etc.)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 5 cups (1175 ml) chicken stock
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted and chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 hot chili pepper, roasted and finely minced (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except milk and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add milk, heat and serve.
- For a creamy soup, puree all in a blender or food processor and reheat on low before serving
- You can also substitute sweet potatoes in place of the squash and it comes out great.
Use vegetable stock in place of the chicken stock for a vegetarian dish.