- 3 4-1/2 oz (126 grm). jars strained babyfood peaches
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) catsup
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ginger
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). meaty spareribs
- Combine all ingredients except ribs.
- Pace ribs, meat side up, in foil-lined shallow pan.
- Pake at 450 degrees (225 C.) for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Spoon off fat; pour sauce over ribs.
- Continue baking at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 2 hours or until done, basting occasionally.
- If spareribs appear too brown before done, place foil over top of meat.
- This recipe comes from Mrs. R. Schmidt as printed in Recipes On Parade Meats, printed in 1964 by Favorite Recipes Press.
It is a collection from military officers wives.