- 2 cups (475 ml) shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) napa cabbage
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely diced jicama
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 6 slices of dried bread with the crust removed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sesame seeds
- Canola oil
- In a food processor, puree first 5 ingredients.
- Check for seasoning.
- Fold in scallions, cilantro and jicama.
- Spread the mixture on bread, cut in half on the diagonal and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Heat a deep fryer to 375 degrees (200 C.) and fry until golden brown.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hours 0 minutes