- 1 pkg. instant butterscotch pudding
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chopped pecans or 15 large pecans or 30 pecan halves
- Mix all ingredients except pecans in a heavy 1 1/2 qt. saucepan.
- Cook and stir to a full boil.
- Boil slowly about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until candy reaches soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat; add chopped pecans (or if whole ones are used, saved to top each patty).
- Beat until candy begins to thicken but still looks shiny.
- Drop mixture quickly onto waxed paper to form 2 inch patties.
- Place a pecan half on each patty.