- Polish Sauteed Butter and Onion Potato Noodles
- church cookbook
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour (or a little more)
- 1 large onion
- bacon, fried and crumbled (optional)
- Grate potatoes, add salt and water.
- Stir in flour to make a medium soft dough.
- Have a 2 quarts (1900 ml) pan of boiling water with 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) salt.
- Drop with a wet spoon off a saucer into the water.
- Cook several minutes.
- Drain slightly, put back into pan.
- Saute in separate frying pan, 1 large chopped onion in 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter.
- Pour over potato noodles and let simmer a few minutes.
- Fried crumbled bacon may be used instead of the onion.
- Bacon grease can be used instead of the butter.
- The author of this recipe said it is very good served with cottage cheese and Sweet and Sour cabbage.
I have never made this recipe, so don't know how it will turn out.