Serves/Makes:1 1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) margarine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) corn meal
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- raisins, optional
- Cream together margarine, sugar, vanilla and egg till smooth.
- Add and mix well flour, corn meal, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in raisins, if desired
- Drop from a tbsp to a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) about 15 minutes till lightly brown.
- This recipe dates to the 1830's
Good luck--they are great.
Cranberries can be substituted for raisins.