- 2-3/4 cups (650 ml) flour
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) milk
- Grease and lightly flour muffin tins or fill with paper baking cups.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until light.
- Add one egg and beat well (for about a minute or so) and then add the other egg and repeat.
- Add milk and the dry ingredients to this mixture, alternately.
- Mix well after each addition.
- Pour into the muffin pans, filling each halfway.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for about 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Alternate baking units:
This recipe will also make a 1/4 sheet 1 layer cake.
Double the recipe for a 1/2 sheet 1 layer cake.
Double the recipe for a 1/4 sheet 2 layer cake.