- Chuck's Collection
Serves/Makes:36 or more
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). non-salted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dark rum
- Combine the dry ingredients and make a well in the center.
- Put the butter, rum and eggs in the center.
- Gradually mix the flour into the other ingredients.
- Allow the mixture, which will be paste like, to set at room temperature, uncovered for 2 hours.
- Form into 2 tbsp (30 ml) size balls.
- Bake in a waffle iron.
- Belgians eat these like cookies.