- Orange roughy with a light breading
- 1 lb (.5 kg). orange roughy fillets, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parmesan cheese
- melted butter (I use Country Crock spray butter)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and spread onto a plate.
- Spray or brush one side of fish fillets very lightly with butter.
- Dredge buttered side of fish in bread crumb/Parmesan mixture.
- Place fish in an appropriately sized glass or nonstick baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle fish with remaining crumb/cheese mixture, if you wish.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- This is a delicious and healthy way to prepare Orange Roughy. It does not taste 'fishy' like many other types of fish. Goes well with many side dishes. Enjoy!