Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). tubes crescent roll dough
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts (opt.)
- Combine cheese, egg yolks, 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
- Mix until creamy.
- Unroll crescent roll into 9 x 13 pan pressing dough to close perforations.
- Dpread cheese mixture evenly onto dough.
- Unroll other crescent roll, place on top of cheese mixture.
- Whip egg whites until foamy.
- Spread on top of dough
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25 to 30 minutes
- Best homemade cheese Danish I have have eaten. I will never go back to bakery cheese Danishes....
This has been passed from friend to friend.