- Chucks Collection
Serves/Makes:16 ounce bottle
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried, finely shredded red bell pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried, finely grated carrot
- 4 tsp (20 ml) sugar
- 4 tsp (20 ml) dry pectin
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground oregano
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- Dry bell pepper and carrot by placing on a cookie sheet and drying in the in the oven at 300 degrees (150 C.) or in a food dehydrator.
- Combine all ingredients except vinegar, oil and water.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- To use, mix contents in a jar with 1/2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar and 6 tbsp (90 ml) water.
- Shake well and add 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil.
- Shake until well blended.
- If you use olive oil it will harden in the refrigerator.
Remove ahead of time to thaw.
I use Canola oil most of the time. It will NOT harden in the refrigerator.
I also usually make a double batch of mix and store until needed.
Also dry a whole grated carrot and a grated bell pepper.
Store each seperately until needed.
You can buy dry pectin at the grocery store. It is with the canning supplies, usually.
Powdered onion can be made by placeing dried minced onion in a blender.
If you have any questions e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org
My wife and I ALWAYS use this recipe instead of buying. We think it tastes better.