Wendy's Southern Pot Roast
- This southern main dish will be a family favorite, it is with mine.
- Wendy Eddy
- 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix (any brand)
- 1 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). chuck, rump, or pot roast (up to 3-1/2 lbs (1.6 kg).)
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 4 carrots, sliced or cut into lengths
- 4 medium sized potatoes, quartered
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1/4 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can beef broth
- Use a 4 quarts (3775 ml) pot.
- Add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and spread it around the bottem of the pot.
- Place the roast in the pot.
- Pour dry onion soup mix over roast and coat.
- Add 4 cups (950 ml) of water to pot.
- Pour in can of beef broth over roast.
- Add second can of Cream of Mushroom Soup and spread over roast.
- Add all vegetables and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil, stirring all ingredients together, including roast.
- Cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours until fork tender.
- The mixture that the roast cooks in makes its own delicious gravy.
- The liquid may be cloudy colored to begin, but keep an eye on it and stir when starts boiling again. Adjust heat. This discoloration will go away and will turn into a delicious gravy. And you will have fork tender pot roast. MMMMMMMM, good!