30 Minute Turkey with Dressing
- Joseph Carey - William Bohannon
- 10 lbs (4.5 kg). whole turkey, cleaned (giblets use for something else)
- Kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- For the Dressing/Stuffing:
- 4 cups (950 ml) fresh ground Challa bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced fresh mushroom (button or cremini)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mixed chopped nuts (English walnuts, pecans, hazlents, pinion nuts)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs (45 ml). dried basil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). chicken base/bouillon granuales or some salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). fresh ground black pepper
- Clean and thaw turkey completely and trim away excess fat from neck area.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper rub into skin and inside.
- Cut leg quarters (drumstick and thigh in one piece)away from carcass.
- Pry the back away from the carcass by pulling bottom end towards the neck.
- Discard the back and the giblets or save for later use.
- Place whole turkey breast breast up in roasting pan and arrange leg quarters around.
- Brush or rub with some olive oil and let stand until ready to cook.
- Add some water to bottom of pan.
- Heat oven 500 degrees (250 C.) (Bake setting).
- Bake turkey 30-35 minutes (check after 20 minutes).
- For the Dressing:
- Saute/fry the nuts and garlic in the olive oil until nice and brown.
- Toss to combine with remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake with turkey uncovered last 5 min. of cooking.
- The dressing which tastes like Pesto sauce is good with all types of meat.
Size and variety of turkey may cause cooking time to vary.