- William Bohannon
- 2 cups (475 ml) basmati rice
- 1 flour tortilla
- olive oil
- butter or margarine
- 1 moistened terry cloth kitchen towel
- Pour some olive oil in a small stew pot.
- Place tortilla on bottom of oiled pot.
- In another pot, start water boiling for rice.
- Place rice in pot and parboil in rapidly boiling water for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Put rice in collander rinse and strain.
- Place wet rice on flour tortilla in pyramid fashion.
- Make several evenly spaced holes in rice pyramid and mold little pieces of cold butter with your fingers and fill the holes.
- Cover pot with dry kitchen towel.
- Place lid on top.
- Cook on very low heat 20 min.
- Serve with tiny pieces of the burnt tortilla mixed in.