- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) skim milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) golden raisins
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Place 24 paper baking cups in muffin tins.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Mix remaining ingredients and add to dry ingredients, stirring until barely moistened.
- Fill paper cups two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from tins and cool on rack.
- These cupcakes freeze well.
To frost, use Cream Cheese Frosting from Gingerbread Muffin recipe.