Cucumber, Red Onion and Sour Cream Salad
- A Traditonal American Cucumber Salad
- S. Chokel
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin rings
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) or less, just a pinch of powdered tarragon
- Peel cucumber if you like, but slice in thin slices.
- Peel the onion and slice into very thin rings (or half rings if too big an onion).
- Make a dressing be combining the sour cream, vinegar, water, salt, pepper, and tarragon.
- Pour over cucumbers and onions.
- Chill and serve.
- Note: Some people like a bit of sugar added for a sweetened version, which is fine.. do it to taste, using a small amount at a time when you make the dressing.