- Rich Buttery Shortbread.
- S. Chokel
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) corn starch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of butter
- Put all ingredients into a big bowl.
- Work it all with your hands and press into a firm ball.
- Press it all into an 8-inch cake pan.
- Mark it with a fork making long scratching indented marks.
- Bake it at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut into squares while still warm.
- A long standing recipe from my grandmother who immigrated from Ireland as a girl with this recipe tucked away with her. Until close to her passing the recipe was only known and made with her head, heart, and hands.